I’m a little bit sad.
The end of a relationship can make you that way.
However, we are going to remain friends!
Joking aside, our partnership for the past year with Lothian Buses has been superb for It’s Good 2 Give and we hope for them too!
- behind the scenes visits to the depot at Annandale street and inside the control room
- going through the Bus Wash – such a hit with the kids
- the Horrible Histories tour meeting author Terry Deary
- the Christmas Grotto bus and tour
- 60+ employees joining our Pedal 4 Paul cycling team
- all the mobile phones handed in during the year and being recycled for cash just for us
- Helen Adams running the Loch Ness Marathon for us
- donating beanie hats for our Kilimanjaro team
- and over £9000 raised
Yes, it has been a very good year.
Every member of staff I met during the year was supportive and got right behind supporting us – Chief Executive Ian Craig joined the cycling team which Andy Finlay organised
Clare Bridson made sure we always had fundraising opportunities and introduced me to the Tuesday curry in the canteen!
Special mention to Anne the xmas elf – what a star – lovely lovely lady.
Am I saving the best for last?
You bet I am.
What an amazing gift – to have a bus with our logo and information all over it was just incredible.
It was (still is for a wee while longer) bus number 830 and it is fair to say I love it. It makes me get goosebumps when I see it and gave me one of the most fun days of my life when earlier this year I unknowingly got on it! Within moments I realized that it was our bus and wouldn’t get off till it reached its terminus, tweeting my progress along the way.
So, yes I was sad when I realised that the year as their charity partner was coming to an end but incredibly generously Lothian Buses have given us the wonderful gift of a new bus for the coming year. We’re going to put some new photos onto it – including a picture of the Ripple Retreat we aim to build later this year.
I give huge thanks to Ian and his team at Lothian Buses for their kindness and support during our year and extra thanks for the new bus.
My bus spotting days continue!